Who doesn’t like Instagram?
It is more than just a social media network. The social media app has gained so much hype in a few years. It has acquired almost every Millennial who uses the Internet.
Although, we all using this platform for long period but I’m sure you don’t know these crazy & unknown facts about Instagram. Yes, today I will take you through few interesting Instagram facts that you never seen or heard before.
So without wasting time let’s head straight to the list of interesting facts about Instagram, shall we?
List Of Top 40 Instagram Facts:
- Instagram was founded by Kevin Systrom & Mike Krieger in October 2010.
- Facebook bought Instagram in 2012 for $1 billion.
- Instagram has more than 1 billion monthly active users & growing.
- More than 80% of IG users at-least follow a business account.
- It has more than 2 million monthly active advertisers.
- The most viral and liked photo on Instagram has 53+ million likes.
- An average IG pic gets more likes are weekdays when posted 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- A video post gets more engagement than an image post.
- On average, over 100 million photos are uploaded in 24 hours.
- Most used & popular hashtag on Instagram is #love.
- An average user spends at least 45 minutes on Instagram.
- Instagram gets more than 4 billion likes and 2 billion comments per day.
- The first photo published on Instagram was of a dog and it received more than 80K likes at that time.
- The most popular male celebrity on Instagram is Justin Bieber.
- The biggest account on Instagram is Instagram itself. The company has more than 150+ million followers.
- The name Instagram has been derived from two word – Instant camera + telegram.
- The most shared pic on Instagram is Pizza
- The social platform has 91% image posts.
- Usually, an Instagram image post gets 2 times better engagement rate than an image post.
- 30% of teenagers prefer Instagram over any other social media app, even over Facebook.
- 47% of Instagram users are female.
- Instagram Influencers charge up to millions of dollars for a sponsorship.
- The company operates in Facebook premises situated in USA.
- In the early days, Instagram had a team of 13 people. Most used Emoji on Instagram is HEART.
- In 2017, 95 million posts updated in a single day and this number is increasing continuously.
- In the USA, nearly 60% of Insta users check their account daily.
- The most popular filter used on Instagram is actually No-Filter.
- Instagram had hit 1 million users in just 30 days of launch.
- Instagram was first designed for the iOS platform, later it was launched for Android too.
- Instagram is one of the top 10 popular websites in the world. (via Alexa)
- The social media app worth more than $102 billion which is almost 5x of the Snapchat & 6x of the Twitter. And guess what? It’s growing at its full potential.
- Today, the platform has more than 800 million and growing (at the writing of this post)
You may also like: What Is My Instagram URL Address & How To Check It Fast
- National Geographic and Nike are one of the top engaged brands on Instagram.
- Instagram, Christiano Ronaldo, Ariana Grande, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner are one of the most followed Instagram accounts.
- Most known and searched place on Instagram is Times Square.
- Out of all Instagram, more than 5% of accounts are fake.
- A good brand post an average 1 post/day
- Usually, post with location tag gets 79% better engagement.
- Long-tail hashtags get more results. Hence, more likes & comments.
You may also like: How to make Instagram account private in easy steps & Learn to delete pictures on Instagram
I hope you liked this list of Instagram facts. Don’t forget to drop your valuable comments down below.
Notice: Statista & HubSpot Research are the prime source of these interesting Instagram facts.
Well, there are several factors that have made Instagram popular against Facebook. The platform is easy to use, provides clean UI & the perfect timing to launch an app. These were a few factors. You can read more Ah-mazing facts…
No, Instagram has more active users as compared to Snapchat. Whereas, Snapchat has its own niche audience.
Hmm, this is a tricky one. Facebook bought Instagram back in 2012 just because of competition. You can think there might be something behind the acquisition. Instagram has simple interface & easy to use. Whereas, Facebook has more functionalities which makes this platform a little tricky to use. We can’t comment that Facebook is not good, but yes, Instagram is a step above.
Well, it depends on how you use it. It is obviously an addiction for some users & just another social media app for rest.
Instagram clocks 10 times higher engagement rate than Facebook, 54 times higher than Pinterest and 84 times than Twitter. That’s not all, 45% of Millennials population prefers Instagram over any other social media. These are enough stats to prove that Instagram is the most popular social media.